Three POI arrested in killing of 9 year old, PM expresses outrage
Police have taken three persons of interest into custody as the probe continues into the killing of a nine year old girl in Kew, Hanover on Wednesday.
Earlier today (February 2) the police reported that another man was in custody in relation to the death of the girl.
The deceased has been identified as 9-year-old Nikita Noel otherwise called “Jojo”.
Police theorize that the girl had been sexually assaulted and murdered.
Head of the Hanover police Superintendent Sharon Beeput told Irie Fm news that the three men were picked up on Thursday.
She said the men are known to the girl’s family and to the community.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Keeble Simms is calling on community members to provide whatever information they can to aid the investigation.
Meantime principal of Esher Primary Jennifer Wright where Nikita attended, said she was an outstanding student.
Reports are that, when the girl did not return home from school as expected on Wednesday, a missing person’s report was filed with the police.
Cops, along with relatives of the girl, and residents of the community, then launched a search for her.
Further reports are that the girl‘s body was found in bushes, meters away from her home.
Meantime, Prime Minister Andrew Holness has expressed outrage at the monstrous murder of 9-year-old Nikita Noel.
According to Mr. Holness , “Nikita’s horrifying murder is a shock to the country’s collective conscience and sense of community and can only be described as evil.”
Mr Holness offered support to Nikita’s relatives, as they try to make sense of the girls vicious murder.