Fourteen people charged in relation to multi-million dollar fraud at Seprod
Fourteen people have been charged in relation to a multi-million-dollar fraud at Seprod Group of Companies.
Nearly 160 million dollars was reportedly stolen between October 2021 and May last year.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, in charge of the Crime and Security Portfolio Fitz Bailey made the disclosure during a press briefing, this afternoon.
He said the alleged fraud involved Seprod employees.
DCP Bailey said police operations were carried out in Clarendon, St. Catherine and the Corporate Area, between yesterday and today and 17 suspects were arrested.
14 of them were later charged.
DCP Bailey said the charges laid include, embezzlement, conspiracy to defraud at common law, and conspiracy to engage in a transaction involving criminal property.
Those charged will appear in the Kingston and St. Andrew parish court on May 22.
Meantime, DCP Bailey is appealing to 9 other persons of interest in relation to the fraud to come forward.