Fire Department urges vigilance when using scented candles and other Christmas decorations

Persons are again being urged to be vigilant when purchasing and using scented candles and other Christmas decorations, which may cause fires.

Superintendent in Charge of the Westmoreland Division of the Jamaica Fire Brigade, Rudolph Seaton made the appeal recently.

He explained that if candles are left unattended and the lights are used incorrectly, a fire is likely to occur. 

Meanwhile, in commenting on the protocols in place for the use of fireworks, Superintendent Seaton said permission has to first be granted by the fire department. 


Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.