Over 60 Ocho Rios primary students rushed to hospital after consuming drug infused candy

Three students of the Ocho Rios Primary School, in St. Ann are in serious condition at the St Ann’s Bay hospital, after reportedly consuming drug infused candy.

Principal of the Ocho Rios Primary School, Suzette Barnes-Wilson told Irie Fm news that the students were among over 60 taken to the hospital on Monday.

She said, of that number 30 have already been treated and released.

Mrs Barnes-Wilson said the children got sick after consuming the sweets which they reportedly purchased from a vendor who was not known or connected to the school.

Among the symptoms experienced by the students were vomiting, dizziness and fainting.

Meantime, the guardian of one of the students has expressed concern about the practice of vendors being allowed to sell at the school’s gate.

And another parent said he hopes that the vendor who has been accused will be brought to justice.

He said his daughter consumed the sweet from a friend.


Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.