Holness says action will be taken against those who use social media for defamation

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says design phase of damaged Ocho Rios Pier to be finalized soon

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Education Ministry to hire consultant to help obtain appropriate CCTV cameras for nation’s schools

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

18YO carpenter to face court Friday to answer to charges stemming from triple murder along Windward Road, Kingston

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Education Minister urges parents to provide support to students who performed below standard in PEP Exams

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Classes dismissed early at Jericho Primary in Linstead, St. Catherine following death of Grade 5 teacher

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Kartel and co-appellants anxiously await Court of Appeal decision 

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Foreign Affairs Minister responds to concerns over importation of CCTV cameras 

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Appeal Court to make ruling in Kartel case by next month

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More

Head of the police’s crime portfolio says most of the country is safe

Prime Minister Andrew Holness says his administration has been tracking down those who use social media for defamation purposes and action will be taken against them in short order.

Mr. Holness made the statement at a Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Youth Conference in North East St. Ann at the weekend.

According to the Prime Minister, a young man who was reportedly recruited to make defamatory remarks on social media has been identified so far.

Mr Holness said this practice cannot continue, as the majority of what is being done is against the law.

He warned that action will be taken.

Mr. Holness also charged members of his administration to refrain from using social media to attack people’s character.

He said the JLP has several policies, programmes and principles that can be highlighted without defaming people.

Read More