PNP calls for peace and meaningful support to Barbican community following double murder

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

Island’s public doctors even more restive as Finance Ministry fails to provide response to overtime monies issue

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

Police officers to get retroactive payments for overtime hours worked 

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

Prime Minister Holness expected to issue directives relating to repair work for potholes, by tomorrow

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

Husband of Jamaican-British woman found in shallow grave in Westmoreland, and his twin brother, named persons of interest

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

Transition of municipal corporation workers from contract to permanent to begin by mid-December

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

Opposition leader reiterates call for NEPA to be made an independent entity

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

Noranda Bauxite Company offers land space to establish transportation centre in Discovery Bay  

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

PM says  acceleration of investments in infrastructure is crucial to improving productivity

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More

NWC owed over $50 Billion by delinquent and disconnected customers 

Caretaker candidate for North East St. Andrew Stacey Knight has called on the relevant authorities to take immediate, decisive action to restore peace and provide meaningful support to the Barbican / Grants Pen community.

This in the wake of the shooting of 3 persons, 2 of them fatally, on Thursday.

Dead are 41-year-old Roy Rookwood of Kintyre and Makerre Ashley, otherwise known as Mumma, of Barbican.

The third person remains hospitalised.

In the wake of the incident, the police imposed a curfew and beefed up their presence in the community.

This in a bid to prevent any counter reprisal attacks.

It’s theorised that the shooting is another in a series of reprisal attacks in recent weeks, with a man from a neighbouring community being shot dead, and Ashley’s son being killed, last week.

In a statement, Knight lamented that relatives of Ashley, who were preparing for the funeral of her son, this weekend, now have to plan another funeral, for her.

Knight said Ashely’s murder has left another shattered family and community struggling to cope with yet another senseless act of violence.

She noted that the chain of retaliatory killings is no solution as it only breeds fear and further destabilises the area.

The caretaker wants the authorities to, among other things, implement community-based programmes focused on conflict resolution, values and attitudes, which will rebuild trust and strengthen family life.

Read More