VCB to face Fraser-Pryce and Stewart in Doha
Another chapter in the Jamaican sprint rivalry will be among the highlights when the 2012 Samsung Diamond League kicks off in Doha, Qatar on May 11.
The organisers today announced a line-up that will certainly put Olusoji Fasuba’s 6 year old 9.85 100m meeting (and African) record in jeopardy with former world record holder Asafa Powell and Nesta Carter, the third and fourth fastest sprinters of all time down to face the starter in the event.
2004 Olympic 100m gold medallist and recently crowned 60m World Indoor champion Justin Gatlin is also in the line up along with Olympic bronze medallist Walter Dix.
Double 200m Olympic champion and reigning 200m and 60m World Indoor champion Veronica Campbell-Brown will be the woman to beat in the women’s 100m dash.
She will be challenged by her compatriots Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Kerron Stewart as well as the American Allyson Felix.
Stewart and Felix share the meet record in the event of 10.93 seconds.
- CAPLETON PROMOTES NEW ALBUM ON OVERSEAS TOUR
- MR. LEXX FREED OF SEXUAL ABUSE CHARGES
- American Jewish Reggae Singer Calls Soul Train Nomination For Best Caribbean Performance “Interesting”
- Kartel, Mavado clash lacks lyrical content
- JAIL/BAIL? WHAT'S THE VERDICT FOR NINJA MAN?
- Vegas calls daggerin harsh