Australia wrap up series win vs West Indies
Australia's cricketers on Friday wrapped up a 2-0 series win over the West Indies after securing a 75 run win in the third and final test in Dominica.
Led by Michael Clarke with his second five wicket haul in tests and despite some big hitting from West Indies captain Darren Sammy, the Aussies secured victory on the stroke of lunch on the 5th and final day.
Sammy cracked 61, his highest score in test cricket slamming 4 fours and 3 sixes while facing 51 balls.
He put on 49 for the last wicket with Shane Shillingford who was left unbeaten on 31, before they were bowled out for 294.
The Windies started the day on 173 for 5, chasing a big total of 370 for victory.
Clarke ended with 5 for 86 while Nathan Lyon took 3 for 87.
Mathew Wade was named Man of The Match and Shivnarine Chanderpaul Man of the Series.
Final scores Australia 328 & 259 – the West Indies 218 & 294.
- FIRE DESTROYS THE STUDIO OF THE UPRISING BAND
- BUJU BANTON TO BENEFIT FROM COLLAB WITH DELLY RANKS
- Mighty Mike's Cause Of Death Revealed
- Chi Ching arrested and charged YES-TER-DAAAY.... POP, POP , POP, POP, POP!
- THRILLER U'S DAUGHTER TO BE BURIED SATURDAY
- Industry Players React to Kingsley Cooper's Position in Government