BUJU BANTON SENTENCING JUNE 16
Buju Banton’s sentencing has been set for June 16.
Music News source, Professor and attorney at law David Rowe says judge James Moody will preside over the sentencing slated for 9:30am.
Duration: 33 secs
The Grammy winning reggae entertainer was found guilty of three cocaine related charges on February 22. He faces up to 20 years in prison.
Buju Banton’s lawyer David Oscar Markus has since filed a motion requesting a new trial for the Jamaican reggae star. Markus argued that the evidence presented by the United States Government was insufficient.
However, Professor Rowe adds that since the judge has already set a sentencing date, it is very probable that he will not entertain the motion requesting a new trial.
duration: 14 secs
Buju Banton was found guilty of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute five or more kilos of cocaine, possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug-trafficking offence, and using the wires to facilitate a drug-trafficking offence.
However, he was found not guilty of attempted possession with the intent to distribute cocaine.
- NEW TRIAL DATE FOR BUJU BANTON AGAIN...
- BEENIE MAN TACKLES BARBADIAN ILL-TREATMENT OF JAMAICANS
- GOOD START FOR SIZZLA'S 10 WEEK TOUR
- Industry Players React to Kingsley Cooper's Position in Government
- BEENIE MAN AWAITS DOCTOR'S CUE TO PERFORM
- Portland Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund Stages Charity Concert