You are here

St. James woman electrocuted

Posted: April 21, 2012

A woman was reportedly electrocuted at her home in St. James while fetching water yesterday (April 20).

 

Dead is 25-year-old Aneisha Garvey of Burnt Ground, Sutherland District, in the parish.

 

Reports from the Amity Hall Police are that about 3:00 p.m., Garvey reportedly went to set containers to catch water when she fell.

 

It is reported that she attempted to hold onto a line, which was tied to a tree.

 

The tree became entangled with a JPS wire resulting in Garvey being electrocuted. 

 

She was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead.

 

Investigations continue.

News Category: 

The station officially went on air on August 1, 1990. Reggae in the morning, Reggae in the evening, Reggae in the night was the cry. Critics said it was impossible to sustain a 24-hour Reggae music station. In fact, so strong was the impact, it proved that this format was something the Jamaican public yearned for. The 'little station that could' got all media houses in Jamaica to stand up and take note.


© 2014 Grove Broadcasting Company Ltd. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.

Advertise | About | Contact | Subscribe | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Webcast