Opposition JLP calls on Prime Minister to take over Jamaica 50th celebrations
Opposition Leader Andrew Holness says the Prime Minister should take over the planning of the Jamaica 50 celebrations.
His comments come following the much-publicized controversy surrounding the selection of an official song for the Jamaica 50 celebrations.
“Find the Flag”, which was selected by the previous administration, was side-lined by the PNP administration with "On a Mission" by Shaggy, chosen to push the marketing campaign ahead of the London, England Olympics.
The Opposition Leader was speaking at a press conference this morning (June 27) at Party Headquarters in New Kingston.
Mr. Holness suggested that should the Prime Minister take charge of the planning, then she should bolster the agencies dealing with the planning of the celebration.
The Opposition Leader was cautious not to criticize Culture Minister Lisa Hanna's handling of the planning of the celebration, even when pressured by members of the media.
- JUNIOR REID LAUNCHES CLUB DESPITE SHOOTING
- International Day Of Remembrance Of The Victims Of Slavery And The Transatlantic Slave Trade
- Mavado Rolls with Hip-hop Heavyweights
- MONTY ALEXANDER TALKS ABOUT GRAMMY NOMINATION
- NINJA MAN READY FOR THE ROAD
- Tommy Lee Sparta Booed Twice For Dissing Bounty Killa