Several people had to seek medical attention after falling-ill from noxious fumes, at the Central Sorting Office in Kingston, this morning (May 14, 2019).
The fire brigade was called to the location and the building which also houses the Sutherland Global Call Centre evacuated.
Operations Officer for the Kingston and St. Andrew division of the fire brigade, Senior Deputy Superintendent, Patrick Gooden says there were reports that persons began fainting.
He says personnel from the Kingston and St. Andrew Health Department, Ministry of Health, and the National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA) along with the brigade carried-out checks; however no source of the fumes was determined.
Senior Deputy Superintendent Gooden says, it was decided that the central sorting office would not be safe for re-occupancy.
Normal operations were allowed at Sutherland Global Call Centre following an assessment.